Leader / Developer / Musician
With continuous experience beginning in 2004, I am an expert Software Developer, Team Leader, and DevOps Engineer.
- Website: andrewensley.com
- City: Pensacola, FL, USA
I have over 15 years' experience managing developers, engineers, software, and systems, most of which has been in a DevOps environment. I love automation and open-source software.
In my free time, I like to be active outside. Biking , Hiking , and Futbol are my favorite outdoor activities.
I also like to make noise with stringed and percussion instruments.
Years Developing Software
Years Leading Developers
Years Managing Developers
Years Automating CI/CD
Skill ratings from Pluralsight
I excel at leading IT engineers, providing the vision that helps my team work more efficiently and exceed expectations while maintaining security and compliance.
Innovative and motivated Software Engineering Leader with 15+ years of experience setting goals, measuring performance, and delivering ahead of schedule.
- Pensacola, FL, USA
Chief Technology Officer
May 2007 - January 2018
TaskMaster Pro Technologies, Inc.
I started this role as the sole developer. The project grew into its own company. Ultimately performed the roles of System Administrator, Database Administrator, Manager, and Senior Developer.
- Composing and communicating the departmental vision and strategy
- Leading and Managing the technical staff, including developers, engineers, analysts, testers, administrators, and support staff
- Maintaining SDLC
- Ensuring compliance with controls in SOC 1, SOC 2 Type I, and SOC 2 Type II audits for Security, Availability, Privacy, and Confidentiality
- Administering servers and software stacks (physical and cloud)
- Full Stack development with a focus on framework-level code
- Database Administration and optimization
- Setup geo-distributed database cluster for disaster recovery
- Engineered load-balancing cloud and physical server systems
- Re-wrote 100,000 lines of procedural code into OOP framework
- Implemented new, responsive webapp UI in less than 1 month
- Built the primary product from the ground up
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
June 2021 - Present
Navy Federal Credit Union
Joined the Site Reliability Engineering team to implement CI/CD, TDD, and automation as it applies to containerized application hosts.
- Mentored three mentees through internal programs
- Assisted 19 interviews, leading to 6 hires
- Trained developers on how to use Tanzu Application Service (TAS)
- Performed emergency patching of Production TAS and TKGi in response to Log4Shell (Log4J vulnerability)
- Awarded the Enterprise Strategy Coin
Senior Software Developer
January 2018 - June 2021
Navy Federal Credit Union
Hired as a Software Developer. Served as Tech Lead on a project before being promoted to lead a new development team. The new team's responsibilities were to promote, provide training for, and document new tools and policies in our department of 200 developers.
- Mentored a total of seven mentees through internal programs
- Trained over 550 employees on how to use Git/GitHub using documentation and training materials I created
- Wrote the shared library of CI/CD pipelines for CloudBees Jenkins
- Instrumental in the conversion of 1,400+ legacy Jenkins builds to the new standardized Jenkins pipelines in less than 4 months
- Instrumental in the conversion of 600+ code repositories from Serena Dimensions to GitHub in less than 3 months
- Created Spring starters to convert existing Java applications to Spring
- Launched a cross-departmental group to be early adopters and share solutions
- Awarded the Employee Voice Q4 2019 award
Pensacola, FL, USA
If something I've written is useful to you, please consider donating to support further development.